Superintendent - Mission Critical
Rogers-O’Brien Construction is currently seeking highly motivated Superintendents with Mission Critical experience willing to take on challenges and creatively solve problems. This position coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project schedule within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Superintendent is responsible for ensuring that the project meets or exceeds customer expectations. Must live within a 100 mile radius of the Dallas office.
Desired Skills & Experience Skills Required
- Ability to develop with the PM an overall job conceptual plan
- Ability to develop with the PM an overall job schedule
- Ability to complete project staffing plan to determine size and talent requirements
- Experience establishing subcontractor performance schedules
- Coordination expereince with major material deliveries
- Experience planning and conducting weekly schedule meeting with project team members
- Plan jobsite office staging area, storage and work areas
- Development experience in inclement weather contingency plans
- Experience establishing work force by hiring of qualified personnel and assigning specified duties and responsibilities
- Develop production quotas for each trade
- Establish material deliveries dates and assure timely preparation of purchase orders.
- Coordination experience with the ESH Director a project specific safety program
- Experience developing and implementing the preconstruction/construction quality control plan
- Experience instructing employees on the potential hazards on certain jobs
- Inspection experience at the site and checking for OSHA violations and unsafe practices and conditions
- Experience supervising field personnel including: the Assistant Superintendents, Quality Managers, Office Engineers, Foremen, Craftsmen and Laborers and onsite field engineers.
Requirements to Apply
- Minimum 10-15 years’ of ground up commercial construction in retail, office and industrial sectors.
- High volume of $10M+ and 100K+ sq. ft. projects across a wide variety of sectors with a focus in Mission Critical.
- Degrees in the field of Construction Science or Engineering are preferred, however not required.
- Ability and use softwares as a tool for success.
- Experience on projects that utilize technologies such as digital plan rooms, BIM or laser scanning.