SMU – MOODY COLISEUM
Architect: 360 ARCHITECTURE
Owner: SOUTHERN METHODIST UNIVERSITY
Originally built in 1956 as an 8,998-seat multipurpose arena, Rogers-O’Brien completed the expansion and renovation of SMU’s Moody Coliseum. The north expansion of the existing facility adds a club area for VIP guests, along with new suites, a full kitchen, locker rooms and coaches offices for several of SMU’s athletics. The expansion of the basement includes a new dock and practice area for the rowing team. The east addition creates a new Hall of Fame Club. The renovation of the arena involved the installation of new seating, updated concession areas, modernized restrooms and new MEP systems.
- FULL RENOVATION AND EXPANSION OF AN ORIGINAL 1956 MULTIPURPOSE ARENA
- EXPANDED AMENITIES INCLUDE A VIP AREA, HALL OF FAME CLUB AND ATHLETIC OFFICES
- Winner of a TEXO Distinguished Building award