Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) Specialist
The VDC Specialist supports staff and partners in VDC and BIM applications and generates high quality BIM content and continually strive to find a better way.
Design Project Management
- Generate and maintain high quality BIM content for project teams.
- Provide technical support for staff on all BIM enabled projects.
- Assist in modeling construction quality BIMs for project teams.
- Assist in research and analysis of new VDC tools.
- Assist in developing VDC workflows and implementing standards for the company.
- Conduct regular training and presentation of VDC tools to staff.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends in VDC techniques and procedures.
- Attend and participate at industry events promoting VDC technology.
- Work in close cooperation with IT professionals to equip staff with proper hardware and software tools for projects
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the competency checklist.
- Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Has an understanding or interest of the overall construction process.
- Has an understanding of the duties of various departments within the company.
- Has the ability to manage and communication well with others.
- Degrees in the field of Construction Science or Engineering are preferred, however not required.
- Possess a general knowledge and competency of computer hardware and software.
- Possess a general level knowledge of key software applications (AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, etc.) .
- Has a background or interest in programming (VB.net, C+, C#, etc.).
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular sitting or standing, bending or stooping, and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Constant ability to read record or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- This is a full time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be willing to travel if necessary.