Rogers-O’Brien Construction is currently seeking highly motivated Superintendents willing to take on challenges and creatively solve problems. This position coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project schedule within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Superintendent is responsible for ensuring that the project meets or exceeds customer expectations. Must live within a 100 mile radius of the Austin office.
- Develop with the PM an overall job conceptual plan
- Develop with the PM an overall job schedule
- Complete project staffing plan to determine size and talent requirements
- Establish subcontractor performance schedules
- Coordinate major material deliveries
- Plan and conduct weekly schedule meeting with project team members
- Plan jobsite office staging area, storage and work areas
- Develop inclement weather contingency plans
- Establish work force by hiring of qualified personnel and assigning specified duties and responsibilities
- Develop production quotas for each trade
- Establish material deliveries dates and assure timely preparation of purchase orders.
- Set up on site record keeping system, including daily reports
- Coordinates with the ESH Director a project specific safety program
- Supervise all field operation for the project
- It will be the Superintendent’s responsibility to assure that all material is stored neatly and protected and that adequate trash and scrap containers are provided
- Responsible for jobsite housekeeping:
- Develop with subcontractors a plan to provide proper trash removal
- Responsible for having eating facilities and maintaining clean offices.
- Develop and implement the preconstruction/construction quality control plan
- Coordinate with PM in early identification of problem areas that affect project quality
- Assist project team in conducting subcontractor pre-construction meetings
- Promote “Do It Right The First Time”
- The Superintendent is responsible for the implementation of the safety project plan
- Instruct employees on the potential hazards on certain jobs
- Inspect the site and check for OSHA violations and unsafe practices and conditions
- Review a job with an employee who is new to that particular type of work
- Conduct Tool Box Talks with all employees
- The Superintendent supervises the Assistant Superintendents, Quality Managers, Office Engineers, Foremen, Craftsmen and Laborers and onsite field engineers.
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the competency checklist.
- Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien core values, policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations
- Competent in the safety, scheduling, quality and digital documents softwares.
- Regular sitting or standing, bending, stooping, kneel, crouch, crawl and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place, and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Must be able to use hands and arms to reach, handle, or manipulate objects
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other objects
- Must be able to endure uncomfortable weather conditions
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- This is a full time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be willing to travel if necessary.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.