Rogers-O’Brien Construction is currently seeking highly motivated Superintendents willing to take on challenges and creatively solve problems. This position supports the Superintendent responsible for creating strong working relationships with our customers, leading the project’s overall construction process, managing contracts and working closely with the field supervision to ensure we deliver the project on-time, under-budget and in a safe manner. In order to be considered for this position, you must live within a 100 mile radius of the Dallas office.
Desired Skills & Experience Skills Required
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and ability to maintain a safe workplace.
- Strong leadership skills along with construction knowledge.
- Management and motivation of project team and subcontractors.
- Understands and effectively manages specific building elements and the associated trades.
- Ability to lead subcontractors and understanding of proper sequencing of trades.
- Ability to lead and facilitate collaborative sessions with the project team, design team and subcontractors.
- Communicates effectively project goals and direction to the team.
- Has vision to look ahead in the schedule, anticipate issues and take appropriate action.
- Strong decision maker with the ability to develop business relationships with new and existing customers.
- Inspecting work for compliance and takes necessary action.
Requirements to Apply
- Minimum of 5 years’ of ground up construction in retail, office and industrial sectors.
- Projects ranging from approximately $10M to $100M across a wide variety of sectors.
Degrees in the field of Construction Science or Engineering are preferred, however not required.
- Ability and use in Viewpoint and other software as a tool for success.
- Experience on projects that utilized technologies such as digital plan rooms, BIM or laser scanning.