Senior End User Computing Engineer
Rogers-O'Brien (RO) is looking for a highly motivated technical support computing engineer to support company wide software and hardware issues. In order to be considered for this position, you must live within a 50 mile radius of the Austin office.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically, in a timely manner.
- Ability to patiently listen and understand the clients issue or concern.
- Use appropriate judgment to identify, prioritize and escalate issues requiring urgent attention.
- Regularly communicate status of resolution with clients.
- Ensure the issue has been solved and properly train client where appropriate.
- A strong sense of responsibility to take ownership of a solution and ownership.
- Utilize industry standard best practices for problem solving.
- Research and investigate alternate solutions from various sources when necessary.
- Request assistance from or escalate issues to appropriate internal or external resource.
- General networking knowledge (TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP).
- Advanced Microsoft software knowledge (Windows, Exchange, Office, AD).
- General knowledge of Construction Software applications like, OST, Sage Estimating, Revit, Procore, Vista, etc.
- Advanced phone and mobile device support knowledge (iOS preferred).
- Expert computer hardware, software, and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Someone that has worked in the construction industry or related industry.
- Use the Help Desk software to track and record all transactions.
- Create and maintain training materials for common workflow and issues.
- Maintain knowledge base records of solutions to known issues.
· Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
· Some travel may be required between our Texas offices and jobsites.
· MCSA (preferred)
· ITIL (preferred)
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular sitting or standing, bending or stooping, and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Constant ability to read, record or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- This is a full time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be willing to travel if necessary.