Rogers-O'Brien is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Superintendent for its San Antonio office. The Senior Superintendent coordinates multiple construction sites and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project's schedule within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Superintendent is responsible for ensuring that the project meets or exceeds customer expectations. Must live within a 100 mile radius of the San Antonio office. Rogers-O'Brien is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Superintendent for its San Antonio office. The Senior Superintendent coordinates multiple construction sites and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project's schedule within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Superintendent is responsible for ensuring that the project meets or exceeds customer expectations. Must live within a 100 mile radius of the San Antonio office.
San Antonio, Texas
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and ability to maintain a safe workplace.
- Strong leadership skills along with construction knowledge.
- Management and motivation of project team and subcontractors.
- Understands and effectively manages specific building elements and the associated trades.
- Ability to lead subcontractors and understanding of proper sequencing of trades.
- Ability to lead and facilitate collaborative sessions with the project team, design team and subcontractors.
- Communicates effectively project goals and direction to the team.
- Has vision to look ahead in the schedule, anticipate issues and take appropriate action.
- Strong decision maker with the ability to develop business relationships with new and existing customers.
- Inspecting work for compliance and takes necessary action.
- Assist superintendent and foreman recruitment
- Interview superintendents (include both Project Director and Sr. Superintendents)
- Review and recommend training for foreman and hourly employees
- Coordinate and schedule employee training- hourly and salaried
- Safety training- insure that teams are provided the most current safety training
- Supt. Academy- Sr. superintendents continue to train at monthly meeting
- Assist business development with proposal write ups
- Attend project interviews
- Each Sr. Superintendent is assigned to 5 or more superintendents to mentor and lead
- Assist the superintendents with planning and strategizing on their projects
- Make sure they are using Rogers-O’Brien processes as defined in the process manual
- Insure that they are conducting business in accordance with R-O Core Values
- Walk their sites with Safety, Quality, Schedule, Cleanliness and cost in mind
- Ensure that all meetings are scheduled and held in a timely fashion.
- Assure that all phases of the project are planned adequately.
- Assure that pre-planning processes are followed with respect to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assist project superintendent with project risk management strategy.
- Assist business development with proposal write ups
- Assist in determining project teams for proposals
- Develop strategic approaches on proposals in order to differentiate us from the competition
- Contact previous owner, architects, engineers, subcontractors in an effort to maintain relationships and learn about projects we can be involved in
- Assure that manpower plan has been completed and is understood by the superintendent. Help manage the project to keep it on tract and on schedule.
- Assist project superintendent in looking for areas of concern to head them off before they become problems.
- Assist superintendent in setting up a positive team environment.
- Ensure that check lists are used for all phases of the construction process are documented in permanent files.
- Assure that project milestones are established and achieved.
- Assure that our processes are followed and improved on every time.
- Ensure that safety processes are established, implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that the project schedule is communicated to all subcontractors and suppliers and updated each week.
- Help the MOFO with supplying manpower for the project.
- Help with subcontract and vendor relationships throughout the construction phase.
- Responsible for monitoring safety to ensure we are providing a safe work environment.
- Work with assigned superintendents to overcome any safety challenges
- Assist the safety department with any issues which may need assistance communicating to the field
Annual Employee Assessments
- Perform annual assessment of the superintendents they are assigned to
- Follow up during the year and check the status of the goals which were set in November
- Provide input at the monthly Superintendent meetings
- Supervises Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Quality Managers, Office Engineers, Foremen, Craftsmen, and Laborers
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the competency checklist.
- Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien core values, policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations
- Regular sitting or standing, bending, stooping, kneel, crouch, crawl and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place, and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Must be able to use hands and arms to reach, handle, or manipulate objects
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other objects
- Must be able to endure uncomfortable weather conditions
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- This is a full time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be willing to travel if necessary.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.