As a Safety Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your experience and leadership skills to achieve R-O's most important core value, Safety! At R-O we believe that "Safety Starts with Me". The Ideal Safety Manager will be responsible for cultivating a safety conscious culture on assigned projects including subcontractor compliance. Passion for Safety and Innovation in Safety is a Must! Our Safety Managers ensure that all stakeholders are aware of the potential hazards/risks and precautionary safety measures through proactive support, training, and mentoring. You will work hand-in-hand with the entire project team, subcontractors, and other parties’ located onsite to ensure each worker returns home safely each day.
San Antonio, Texas
- Actively participate and promote the development of RO’s “safety starts with me” Culture.
- Assist the project’s Superintendents and Project Manager’s in the development of specific Job Hazard Analyses and safe work plans to address working in and around these hazards.
- During construction, identify, evaluate, and recommend control of hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities and provide recommendations to abate same through project management and supervisor personnel.
- Lead project team in supervision, coordination and implementation of site-specific safety program, and risk assessments, preparation and updating of site-specific safety manual, including project emergency action procedures, work assignments and pre-task planning, personnel administration, staffing and training for emergency contingency plans.
- Conduct site specific orientation training program. Implement program for all onsite staff and subcontractors.
- Provide for proper start-up of the project with regard to proper posting of all jobsite labor and safety posters, safety signage, etc.
- Submit all Site safety inspections- with report
- Full knowledge and understanding of all local, state, and federal OSHA requirements as well as RO’s Construction requirements
- Conduct and document daily safety inspections on project site. If assigned to multiple projects, monitor and ensure Project team members are conducting and documenting inspections
- Document and investigate all incidents involving property damage, personal injury, safety violations, near misses, unsafe conditions and non-compliance activities.
- Lead with project team on incident analysis focusing on root cause(s) and lessons learned.
- Accompany OSHA compliance officers and insurance inspectors during on site audits
- Evaluate subcontractor qualifications, training program, and competency, and make recommendations to Project Management and supervisory staff.
- Assist in developing and managing the project safety budget(s)
- Collaborate with RO’s Construction’s Corporate Safety Director and Regional Safety Director on the development and implementation of Company safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all aspects of claims management (I.E. Follow-up on Dr.’s visits, & audit progress reports)
- Basic understanding of Worker’s Compensation Laws and/or Processes
- Basic understanding of ACCORD Forms – (Insurance Documentation)
• Ability to utilize computer software, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Bluebeam and PowerPoint.
• 3+ years of experience in a safety role, preferably in construction.
- Must have OSHA 30 Hour Certificate.
- Possess valid Driver’s License.
- Professional designation preferred (CHST, CSHO etc.)
- Good overall physical health. Includes vision, hearing and cognitive health.
- Regular sitting or standing, bending or stooping, and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 20 pounds
- Environmental/Working Conditions
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- This is a full time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be willing to travel if necessary.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.