Project Manager - Mission Critical
Rogers-O'Brien is currently seeking a highly motivated Project Managers willing to take on challenges and creatively solve problems in Mission Critical. This position provides on-site direction for all aspects of construction for their assigned project. Manage project costs to insure completion within budget expectations. Develop the project schedule in critical path steps and budget time required to meet deadlines. Responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with all safety and quality standards. The Project Manager is also responsible for the leadership and development of the project staff and ensuring the project meets or exceeds customer expectations. In order to be considered for this position, you must live within a 100 mile radius of the Houston office.
Desired Skills & Experience Skills Required
- Understand and manage estimate, accounting, billing, cash flow and Cost Control methods.
- Ability to create and update project schedules.
- Motivate and lead project teams.
- Process subcontracts, billings and close-out documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilize fair and ethical buy-out strategies.
- Create detailed subcontractor scopes of work with an effort to eliminate scope gaps.
- Understand the importance of BIM, drawing validation, coordination and how to leverage these tools on the projects.
- Manage schedule impacts in order to minimize risk and client expectations.
- Supervision of Quality Managers, Office Engineers, Assistant Project Managers and Assistant Administrative Assistants.
Requirements to Apply
- Minimum 10-15 years’ of ground up commercial construction in retail, office and industrial sectors.
- High volume of $10M+ and 100K+ sq. ft. projects across a wide variety of sectors with a focus in Mission Critical.
- Degrees in the field of Construction Science or Engineering are preferred, however not required.
- Ability and use softwares as a tool for success, including Vista by Viewpoint.
- Experience on projects that utilize technologies such as digital plan rooms, BIM or laser scanning.