The MEP Manager provides direction for all aspects of MEP coordination for their assigned project. Responsible for providing construction support for MEP systems and will oversee the balancing, commissioning and validation certification of these systems. Support superintendents and project managers resolve technical problems with MEP systems. Manage project costs to insure completion within budget expectations with full involvement in the entire preconstruction and construction process. Assist project team in developing the project schedule. Develop the project schedule in critical path steps and budget time required to meet deadlines. Responsible for MEP project planning, scheduling and resource allocation, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with all safety and quality standards. Manage the owner-architect interface and planning and installation for HVAC, electrical, controls, plumbing, process piping, and fire protection design/construction coordination. Responsible for the leadership and development of the project staff. Responsible for ensuring that the assigned project or projects meet or exceeds customers’ expectations.
- Lead the MEP team on potential Construction projects.
- Estimate and scope MEP trades during pre-construction.
- Review Contract Documents, making suggestions/Modifications as they relate to the MEP Trades.
- Be the value engineer/innovative leader on potential or negotiated projects.
- Manage and lead MEP subcontractors throughout duration of the project (from Groundbreaking through Commissioning and Turnover to Owner).
- Assist Scheduling department with developing detailed CPM schedules for all MEP installation activities, including cost and resource loading.
- Work with Superintendent on project logistics and temporary facility plans.
- Review and approve material and equipment for MEP systems prior to installation.
- Monitor the installation and start-up of MEP systems and commissioning of project with Engineer & Owner.
- Coordinate activities, materials procurement and other related activities with Project Manager and Field Staff.
- Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed.
- Represent RO in regard to the MEP process at weekly Owners and contractors meetings.
- Supervise, develop and mentor project staff, where applicable.
- Work with the VDC team with coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to start of installations.
- Take overall responsibility for the performance of all MEP trades.
- Supervise review and coordination of submittals and shop drawings.
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience.
- Exceptional understanding of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and low-voltage systems.
- Assist, when needed, in specification, purchasing and coordination of MEP equipment for the client.
- Assure that projects are staffed correctly regarding MEP subcontractors.
- Provide input on RO project MEP staff.
- Hold or lead MEP discussions at all required kick off meetings: estimating hand off, project planning meeting.
- Assure that pre-planning processes are followed.
- Assist in analyzing, developing scopes and writing subcontracts for MEP trades.
- Create subcontractor bid tabs for MEP trades.
- Lead OFCI coordination, procurement and installation.
- Assist in preparing and submitting proposed MEP changes to Owner in conjunction with PM team.
- Chair weekly MEP meetings.
- Monitor progress and maintain project schedule related to MEP trades.
- Lead, review and analyze commissioning processes for RO staff.
- Develop MOP’s for final approval on construction side.
- Responsible for project close out including preparation of all warranties, as-built drawings and maintenance manuals for MEP trades.
- Assure all quality control processes are followed related to MEP trades.
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the competency checklist.
- Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations
- Microsoft suite
- Scheduling software
- PE certification preferred
- Responsible for training and development of MEP Coordinators.
- Supervises MEP Coordinators at the project level.
- Coordinates with MEP Superintendents.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular sitting or standing, bending or stooping, and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 20 pounds
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required
- Constant ability to read, record or type data quickly and accurately required
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- This is a full time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be willing to travel if necessary.