Responsible for providing construction support for MEP systems and will oversee the balancing, commissioning and validation certification of these systems. Help superintendents and project managers resolve technical and operational problems with MEP systems. Full involvement in the entire preconstruction and construction process. Manage the owner-architect interface and planning and installation for HVAC, controls, plumbing, process piping, and fire protection design/construction coordination. Help ensure customer, architect, and subcontractor expectations are exceeded.
- Must have experience in leading project coordination, design assistance and commissioning of Mechanical and electrical systems in following markets.
- Healthcare, telecommunications, data centers or other mission critical projects.
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills.
- Design Assistance, Planning and Quality Control.
- Commissioning Management
- Adheres to Rogers-O'Brien Construction policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of division 2-33 scopes of work.
- Creates a positive working relationship with: owner, design team and subcontractors.
- Review and expedite submittals and approvals to ensure timely project completion
- Supports PM and Superintendent to plan, organize and supervise the work of the MEP trades
- Leads “in-house” training for MEP systems.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Building Construction with HVAC emphasis.
- Word processing, spreadsheet creation for tracking and other basic computer skills are mandatory.
- PE certification preferred.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular sitting or standing, bending or stooping, and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Constant ability to read record or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Travel may be required.