IT Project Manager
Since 1969, Rogers-O'Brien has firmly established itself in the commercial construction industry as Texas's Premier Builder and General Contractor by delivering high-quality buildings in various market sectors, exceeding the most demanding expectations. Providing "A Better Way" is one of our culture's core values and our IT group plays a key role in delivering innovation and exceptional solutions to day to day challenges. If you are highly talented and self-driven looking to make a difference, come join our Information Technology group.
Position Purpose: Responsible for the coordination, direction, implementation, control, completion, and execution of specific IT related projects given by senior management. This individual will oversee that the projects (i.e., Infrastructure, Data Warehouse, Corporate Initiatives) are facilitated with the company’s strategy, goals, and commitments in mind.
- Regularly communicate project status to business partners and IT leadership
- Ability to patiently listen and understand the client’s issue or concern
- Use appropriate judgment to identify, prioritize and escalate project issues requiring urgent attention
- Budget / Financial Management including Business Case completion
- Evaluation of impact to Total Cost of Ownership
- Business Knowledge: Proficient in multiple business disciplines and function
Project Management Skills
- Project Task Estimation
- Resource Scheduling (Gantt charts)
- Risk Management
- Issue Management
- Adherence to Standard Project Lifecycle
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of project management concepts as defined by PMI
- 5-8 years of experience in IT Project Management
- Strong time management skills
- Consistently demonstrate a high degree of customer service and teamwork
- Proven ability to think outside the box – (innovative and creative)
- Comfortable working with a strong team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates discretion, excellent judgment, ability to anticipate needs and decision making
- Ability to assess circumstances/situations and determine appropriate course of action(s)
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the competency checklist
- Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations
- PMP Certification Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required
- Regular sitting or standing, bending or stooping, and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 20 pounds
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required
- Constant ability to read, record or type data quickly and accurately required
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- This is a full-time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be willing to travel if necessary.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.