End User Support / IT Specialist
Since 1969, Rogers-O'Brien has firmly established itself in the commercial construction industry as Texas's Premier Builder and General Contractor by delivering high-quality buildings in various market sectors, exceeding the most demanding expectations. Providing "A Better Way" is one of our culture's core values and our IT group plays a key role in delivering innovation and exceptional solutions to day to day challenges. If you are highly talented and self-driven looking to make a difference, come join our Information Technology group.
Postion Summary - To provide basic technical support for all employees and troubleshoot software and hardware issues company wide.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically, in a timely manner
- Ability to patiently listen and understand the clients issue or concern
- Use appropriate judgment to identify, prioritize and escalate issues requiring urgent attention
- Regularly communicate status of resolution with clients
- Ensure the issue has been solved and properly train client where appropriate
- Utilize industry standard best practices for problem solving
- Research and investigate alternate solutions from various sources when necessary
- Request assistance from or escalate issues to appropriate internal or external resource
- General networking knowledge (TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP)
- Advanced Microsoft software knowledge (Windows, Exchange, Office, AD)
- General knowledge of Adobe and Autodesk applications preferred
- Advanced phone and mobile device support knowledge (iOS preferred)
- Expert computer hardware, software, and troubleshooting knowledge
- Use the Help Desk software to track and record all transactions
- Create and maintain training materials for common workflow and issues
- Maintain knowledge base records of solutions to known issues
- 3-5 years of experience in IT Help Desk/Customer Support
- Associates or Bachelor Degree preferred
- MCSA and/or CCENT preferred
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular sitting or standing, bending or stooping, and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 100 pounds
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required
- Constant ability to read, record or type data quickly and accurately required
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- This is a full time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be willing to travel if necessary.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.