The HR Generalist provides hands-on support for the HR function in the areas of onboarding, employee relations, compliance, immigration, benefits, compensation, and training in a fast-paced, evolving innovative environment. The HR Generalist will work as a key member on the RO HR team, partnering with the HR Manager to support all HR functions through the employee life-cycle. A hands-on and supportive position, the primary focus will be ensuring our employees come first in all aspects, while delivering exceptional team skills and managing multiple projects and priorities. The ideal candidate will have excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, and customer service skills.
- Administer and coordinate benefits: Health, COBRA, 401(k), FMLA, LTD, Life, etc.
- Assist and coordinate annual open enrollment periods
- Manage, coordinate and schedule annual flu shot clinics and biometric screenings
- Collaborate and initiate wellness initiative
Hiring and Onboarding
- Assist Talent Specialists in tracking the interview and the evaluation process of candidates.
- Administer the Pre-Hire screening process including drug screens, background checks, pre-employment assessment and physicals
- Set up all employees electronically, including distribution of documents.
- Assist with the orientation process of hourly and salaried personnel.
- Ensure compliance with E-verify, I-9 documents and new hire reporting.
- Manage and maintain personnel records.
- Ensure file compliance with federal, state and local employment, benefit and regulation laws.
- Set up employee portal including audit of employee data.
- Provides support in the performance management process including, tracking surveys, including 90 day and annual performance evaluation process.
Employee Relations/Legal Compliance
- Assist HR manager in managing Rogers-O'Brien Construction policies, procedures, and all standards imposed by regulatory agencies.
- Assist in advising HR Manager for courses of action to improve policies, procedures, and forms.
- Prepare and maintain written records for controlling and reporting personnel data.
- Maintain records for legal compliance: HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, Notices to Employees, Form I-9, EEO Form.
- Perform Internal Department Audits to ensure compliance.
- Maintains company organization charts and HR intranet.
- Maintain HRIS.
- Assist HR Manager in maintaining compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual
- Responsible to reply to garnishment requests and verification of employment requests accurately and timely
- Process termination paperwork and provide post-exit support
- Document terminations accordingly and ensure the transfer to inactive employee
- Daily administration of functional HR as needed
- Word processing, spreadsheet creation for tracking and other basic computer skills are mandatory.
- SHRM Membership and PHR preferred