The HR Coordinator’s responsibilities include Benefits, Onboarding of new employees, and maintenance of employment law compliance and general HR administration of Human Resources for Rogers-O'Brien Construction.
Benefits, Onboarding, Employment Compliance, General HR Admin
- Assist Manager of Human Resources in developing ways to improve policies, procedures, and forms.
- Coordinate LMS system to track and communicate employee training plans.
- Maintain records for legal compliance: HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, and Notices to Employees, Form I-9, and EEO Forms.
- Perform Internal Department Audits to ensure compliance.
- Assist with the annual employee assessment program.
- Assist with company-wide community service projects: Blood Drives, Health Fair, 3-Day Team, Food Drive.
- Provide open door policy for employees to come with issues, then direct or guide them to the next step.
- Assists in evaluating jobs, preparing job descriptions, conducting internal and external surveys to compile information, and analyzing information for reports and presentations.
- Drafts, develops and processes memos, letters, reports, newsletters, forms, and other documents
- Maintain personnel records and ensures file compliance with federal, state and local employment, benefit and regulation laws.
- Prepare and maintain written records for controlling and reporting personnel data.
- Assist in maintaining records for legal compliance: HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, Notices to Employees, Form I-9, EEO Form.
- Assist in performing internal department audits to ensure compliance.
- Assist in coordinating disputes with EEOC.
- Assist with planning and collaboration across departments on the company orientation and onboarding experience.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree; however no degree is required.
- Assist with annual open enrollment periods.
- Ensure accuracy of electronic process for benefits enrollment and maintenance of enrollment forms.
- Complete monthly benefit reconciliations.
- Communicate and aid employees with resolving medical claim issues
- Schedule and coordinate annual flu shot clinics and biometric screenings
- Collaborate and initiate wellness initiative with 3rd party vendor
Hiring and Onboarding
- Administer the Pre-Hire screening process including drug screens, background checks, zero risk assessment and physicals.
- Track the interview and the evaluation process of candidates.
- Track applicants in internal and external posted positions.
- Administer offer letters once approved by the hiring manager.
- Complete all new hire reporting, as required by state law.
- Conduct the orientation and onboarding process of hourly and salaried personnel, and set up all employees electronically, including distribution of documents.
- Complete E-verify and I-9 documents.
- Set up employee portal including audit of employee data
- Manage and track surveys, including 90 day and annual employee surveys.
- Actively participate in the recruitment and onboarding of potential or new employees
- Regular sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches of less required.
- Constant ability to read record or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Must be able to endure large amounts of emotional stress.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals may be required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- This is a full time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
1 to 3 years of Human Resources Experience or equivalent Human Resources education.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.