Help Desk Manager
As a Help desk manager, you should have a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate the team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position.
Expected Experience: 10 years of experience in IT Help Desk/Customer Support; 3 to 5 years management experience.
- Supervise the help desk team and evaluate performance
- Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis
- Recruit, train and support help desk representatives and technicians
- Set specific customer service standards
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity
- Provide customer feedback to the appropriate internal teams, like product developers
- Manage the mobilization and de-mobilization of jobsites are done efficiently, effectively and on time.
- Proven work experience as a Help desk manager
- Hands on experience with help desk and remote control software
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team management skills
- Some travel may be required in the State of Texas – on a monthly basis to other company locations
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field
**This position will not have any direct reports but will work with the team to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular sitting or standing, bending or stooping, and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 20 pounds
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required
- Constant ability to read, record or type data quickly and accurately required
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required