Rogers-O'Brien is looking for a highly motivated Field Engineer with experience reading building plans, establishing line and grade, supervising small crews on sites and is knowledgeable in the use of survey equipment. In order to be considered for this position, you must live within a 50 mile radius of the Austin office.
Desired Skills & Experience Skills Required
- Read and interpret building plans.
- Layout site and building features established property corners and control lines in strict accordance with plans.
- Establish line and grade for all crafts as required.
- Supervise small crew. • Work within precise standards of accuracy.
- Perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Be able to lead and instruct helpers assigned to him/her.
- Be technically proficient in surveying and layout.
- Be familiar with building construction.
- Possess mathematical skills required to complete and check physical layouts.
- Possess small crew supervisory skills.
Requirements to Apply
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the competency checklist.
- Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Degrees in the field of Construction Science or Engineering are preferred, however not required.