Rogers-O’Brien Construction is currently seeking an Estimator with the ability to maintain existing client relations and develop new relationships with clients, engineers, architects, and subcontractors. This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the technical skills for accurate and detailed estimates. Estimator must be persuasive and effective during project interviews and meetings. Must also be able to work well within a team centered culture. In order to be considered for this position, you must live within a 50 mile radius of the Houston office.
- Knowledge and use of estimating software (SmartBid, Timberline, Microsoft Office, On-Screen Takeoff)
- Management of multiple individual projects from concept through the bidding, design and subcontract bidding phases of these projects.
- Ability to work in high pressure situation such as bid day and representing RO in periodic owner/design team precon meetings.
- Review bid documents and perform quantity take-offs.
- Analyze and measure “risk” between subcontractors.
- Ability to create and analyze value management options.
- Ability to analyze and determine approach for various project delivery types (LS, Cost Plus, GMP).
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact and communicate effectively.
- Ability to develop detailled, solution-oriented RFIs to be submitted to the design team.
- Create high quality and descriptive deliverables for presentation to clients.
- Order, review and distribute bid documents.
- Preparing conceptual estimates from limited information.
- Participate in project reviews with internal and external teams.
- Working closely with project manager and superintendent regarding schedule and special construction considerations.
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected above and as validated by RO's annual performance assessments.
- Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Assistant Estimators
- Supporting Team Members as required
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- This is a full time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be willing to travel if necessary.
- Degree in the field of Finance, Construction Science or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of pre-construction experience in commercial building / $5-$15+ million range preferred.
- On-Screen Takeoff (OST)
- Microsoft Office
- Timberline (preferred)