Rogers-O’Brien Construction is currently seeking a highly skilled Estimator with the ability to maintain existing client relations and develop new relationships with clients, engineers, architects, and subcontractors. This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the technical skills for accurate and detailed estimates. Estimator must be persuasive and effective during project interviews and able to work well within a team-centered culture. In order to be considered for this position, you must live within a 50 mile radius of the Austin office.
Desired Skills & Experience Skills Required
- Knowledge and use of estimating software (SmartBid, Timberline, Excel, OST)
- Ability to create and analyze value management options.
- Management of multiple individual projects from concept through the bidding, design and subcontract bidding phases of these projects.
- Ability to work in high pressure situation such as bid day.
- Analyze and measure “risk” between subcontractors.
- Ability to analyze and determine approach for various project delivery types (LS, Cost Plus, GMP).
- Review bid documents and perform quantity take-offs.
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact and communicate effectively.
- Strong follow-up skills on RFIs to the architect.
- Thoroughness and quality of deliverables presented to clients.
Requirements to Apply
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ of $5M - $20M+, ground up construction in retail, office and industrial sectors.
- Order, review and distribute bid documents and preform quantity take-offs.
- Preparing conceptual estimates from limited information and participate in project reviews.
- Working closely with project manager and superintendent regarding schedule and special construction considerations.
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the competency checklist. • Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Degrees in the field of Finance, Construction Science or Engineering are preferred, however not required
- Microsoft Office
- Timberline (preferred)