Director of Information Technology
To lead, develop, and inspire the Information Technology Department.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides overall leadership and direction to the IT team. Oversees the planning, implementation, and efficient operation of all information systems and technology (such as hardware and software infrastructure, telecommunications and networking, software acquisition and support, disaster recovery, and cyber-security) at all geographic locations of the Company.
- Actively ensures that the appropriate technologies are available to meet both the daily business needs and the longer-term strategic needs of the Company. Works with the business department managers to ensure that Information Technology supports the Company’s financial and operating performance.
- Develops a keen understanding of the construction industry environment and the technology requirements to support the Company’s business. Drives both IT technology as well as service planning within that environment.
- Establishes appropriate infrastructures and software applications designed to streamline and improve the cost-effectiveness of business processes, improve delivery capabilities, and assure consistent service levels and operational reliability across the enterprise.
- Reviews performance of IT systems to determine ongoing operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements. Benchmarks, analyzes, reports on, and makes recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Develops, implements, and maintains IT policies and standards and any application systems and methodologies that will assist in increasing performance throughout the organization. Oversees development of enterprise standards and technology architecture, technology evaluation, and the IT governance process. Champions IT issues and standards across the Company.
- Protects the Company’s digital assets and the data contained within those assets from cyber-threats. Deploys solutions to ensure the integrity of Company proprietary and confidential information through information security and access management practices. Ensures that there is a practical and operable security-incident response plan within the Company.
- Develops and implements all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provisioning.
- Oversees negotiation and administration of IT-related vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts, and service agreements. Within the Company, he/she will “own” the relationship with all third-party IT service providers.
- Identifies, researches, and selects new and emerging technology solutions that can be assimilated into the Company to support new initiatives, business opportunities, or an increase in performance and efficiency.
- Delivers the highest possible standards of performance in client service and support. Provides direct technical support to field personnel and support departments.
- Participates in industry and technology forums, organizations, and professional associations that provide input to enhance technical performance within the Company.
- Manages the IT team, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions. Implements a client-focused management system, encouraging creativity, driving performance, and effectively developing and rewarding key performers.
- Develops, obtains approval of, and monitors an annual department budget. Maintain the appropriate financial records to plan an annual operating budget and provide monthly, quarterly consumption rates, variances against the plan, and planned future spend estimates.
- Ownership and Attention to Detail - You are thorough, and following through is personally important to you. If you are asked a question, you will work hard to find the correct answer.
- Empathetic - You can put yourself in others’ shoes to understand their experience from their perspective.
- Good Listener - You seek to understand first before being understood.
- Good Communicator - You have a knack for succinctly explaining complex issues and knowing when someone “gets it” or not. You are an exacting writer and can communicate equally well over email or the phone. (lots of email correspondence in this job)
- Reliable - You have a personal need to see projects through to the end.
- Technical Aptitude - You know the answer or know how to research your way to a solution.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity - We work in a fast-paced environment that is continuously changing. The way forward is not always black and white, but we must decide to move forward as new information becomes available and then adapt.
- Team Player - When you have direction you have no problem charging ahead, but you also aren’t afraid to raise your hand if you encounter something that’s over your head. No one knows everything and we all have to support each other. Vulnerability is a great leadership trait.
- Passionate - You demonstrate enthusiasm towards an idea, proposal, or cause that helps drive it forward
- Must be an enthusiastic team player that through his/her leadership skills, builds confident, highly productive teams that know how to get the job done. An exceptionally practical leader who “takes responsibility on” and actively engages staff in establishing priorities and determining requirements.
- Must be a hands-on, accountable, and proven project manager who can effectively assess proposals and recommendations, provide the leadership to implement timely solutions successfully, and do so within project budget constraints.
- Must have superb communication skills, both verbal and written. He/She must have a personal presence and an open and direct style to establish quick and effective credibility and trust among the Company’s leadership team and the client community.
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to lead teams and complex projects.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field of computer science and ten (10) or more years experience managing or directing an enterprise-wide IT operation.
- Proven experience in IT planning and development, project management, policy development, and budget/cost management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT to solve business problems.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and team management skills.
- Proven hands-on technical expertise and a willingness to be actively involved in daily operations when needed.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with a lean IT team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in multiple regions.
- Innovative and very technically proficient.
- Experience in the construction / building industry a strong plus (but not required).
- 80% office environment.
- 20% field environment (job site visits, etc.).
- Ability to work under and appropriately handle stress required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers is required.
- This is a full-time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- 1-2 out-of-town trips per month expected (mostly day trips to Austin, San Antonio, or Houston).