Construction Technology Manager
At Rogers-O'Brien Construction, our vision is clear: To be Texas' Premier Builder, delivering excellence and expertise to our valued customers through all aspects of our business. Since 1969, Rogers-O'Brien has firmly established itself in the commercial construction industry as Texas' Premier Builder and General Contractor by delivering high-quality buildings in various market sectors, exceeding the most demanding expectations. Over the years, Rogers-O'Brien has built a strong reputation as an innovative company and has developed and implemented construction technology processes and solutions recognized worldwide. As a result, Rogers-O'Brien has conducted numerous speaking sessions at industry-leading conferences and had successes and highlights published in industry outlets across the globe. Providing "A Better Way" is one of our culture's core values. We believe that the future is bright with possibilities and that the opportunities of continually finding "A Better Way" to build are endless.
Learn more about our company and our history here - https://www.r-o.com/about
As a leading force in the construction services industry, Rogers-O'Brien is currently looking to add an end-user-focused, technically proficient, detail, and process-oriented Construction Technology Manager to our Operational Excellence Team. This individual will be responsible for the overall management, implementation, training, and support of construction technology platforms across the organization. This position will be responsible for establishing best practices that ensure desired results through execution and training of others and helping to scale existing functions to meet the company's growth strategy. This position will report directly to the Director of Operational Excellence.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Vision & Strategy
- Under the Director of Operational Excellence's guidance, align and implement the company's strategy and initiatives serving as the champion of construction technology & processes.
- Oversee the definition, development, and strategy of construction technology, empowering Rogers-O'Brien to occupy a powerful role in the Texas construction ecosystem and create a reputation across the greater country and industry.
- Collaborate with other departments to build, drive, and improve our documentation, tools, and processes for all construction technologies.
- Track and understand the processes and techniques used by competition in the market and push to stay ahead of the curve while improving workflow efficiencies.
- Train & Coach team members in all departments to understand the value of construction technology tools and how to leverage them when necessary.
- Create and seek out professional development opportunities for yourself and fellow team members.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall performance, success, and support of construction technology techniques, processes, and services across all projects and departments.
- Responsible for the development of software processes and procedures that align with and effectively support Operations responsibilities.
- Manage the company Playbook for construction technology platforms and processes.
- Responsible for the creation, development, and delivery of corporate-wide training materials.
- Provide high-level support, training, advanced technical troubleshooting for all project controls software (including legacy software) and other construction technology solutions.
- Must be capable of working with and supporting the IT staff during research, implementation, training, and support of technologies in which construction technology and IT overlap.
- Work in close cooperation with department heads to deliver services that meet the needs of their initiatives.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of future technology software solutions.
- Develop and present annual budgets and projections for travel, continuing education, R&D, etc.
- Be able to identify and analyze the risk and rewards of proposed innovation initiatives.
- Attend/speak at industry conferences and participate in webinars to highlight RO's successes and processes.
- Partner closely with the Marketing team for co-marketing opportunities, like case studies with partners and customers.
- Provide thought leadership and data insight to Rogers-O'Brien and the industry through demonstrated knowledge of emerging trends in construction technology, solutions, vendors, innovation leaders, and early adopters.
Research & Development
- R&D is a crucial part of staying at the cutting edge of construction technology. Stay abreast of new technologies and opportunities and evaluate for potential business use.
- Ownership and Attention to Detail - You are thorough, and following through is personally important to you. If you are asked a question, you will work hard to find the correct answer.
- Good Listener - You seek to understand first before being understood.
- Good Communicator - You have a knack for succinctly explaining complex issues and knowing when someone "gets it" or not. You are an exacting writer and can communicate equally well over email or the phone. (lots of email correspondence in this job)
- Reliable - You don't mind getting into a 9-5 routine. You have a personal need to see projects through to the end.
- Technical Aptitude - You know the answer or know how to Google your way to a solution.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity - We work in a fast-paced environment that is continuously changing. The way forward is not always black and white, but we must decide to move forward and then adapt as new information becomes available.
- Team Player - When you have direction, you have no problem charging ahead, but you also aren't afraid to raise your hand if you encounter something that's over your head—no one knows everything, and we all have to support each other. Vulnerability is a great leadership trait.
- Passionate - You demonstrate enthusiasm towards an idea, proposal, or cause that helps drive it forward.
- Possess an understanding of construction processes and the roles of each key stakeholder.
- Must have experience working in Architecture, Engineering, and/or Construction.
- Possess general knowledge and competency of computer hardware and software.
- Possess expert-level knowledge of Procore.
Education & Experience
- Architectural, Engineering, Computer Science or Construction Management bachelor's degree or higher along with 5+ years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Demonstrated ability to define workflow processes and lead implementation in multiple regions.
- Innovative and very technically proficient.
- Procore Certified Consultant
- Procore Admin Certification
- 50% office environment.
- 50% field environment (job site visits, etc.).
- Ability to work under and appropriately handle stress required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers is required.
- This is a full-time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- 1-2 out-of-town trips per month expected. (mostly day trips to Austin, San Antonio, or Houston).
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular sitting or standing, bending or stooping, and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas utilizing language.
- Ordinary hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Constant ability to read, record or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and determine the time, place, and sequence of operations or actions required.