Since 1969, Rogers-O'Brien has firmly established itself in the commercial construction industry as Texas's Premier Builder and General Contractor by delivering high-quality buildings in various market sectors, exceeding the most demanding expectations. Providing "A Better Way" is one of our culture's core values and our IT group plays a key role in delivering innovation and exceptional solutions to day to day challenges. If you are highly talented and self-driven looking to make a difference, come join our Information Technology group.
Position Purpose: Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of Business Intelligence (BI) reports. Working with various departments and cross-functional teams to gather, document, and approve business requirements for data analysis and reposting projects, as well as use BI and database tools to develop reporting solutions to meet the business needs.
BI Reporting Skills
- Experience developing ad hoc and production BI reports and dashboards
- Experience with Power BI Reporting Platform along with at least one other Reporting Platform
- Extensive use of SQL and RDBMS systems (i.e., SQL Server)
- Experience with data warehouse implementations
- Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts
- Ability to prepare and manage reporting systems reports, maintain project specifications, timelines, and publishing updates
- Experience with working alongside business managers to develop processes, control points, performance indicators as well as determine reporting requirements
- Experience deploying quantitative measures to develop and maintain models that support critical functions
- Have knowledge and experience in applied statistics, data mining, modeling, and forecasting to design, develop and present statistical business models
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills and proficiency to meet face to face with internal business customers
- Regularly communicate project status to business partners and IT leadership
- Ability to patiently listen and understand the client’s needs
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with business partners and other departments, groups, and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced
- Ability to communicate and execute new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology in the Reporting and Data Analysis
- 4-8 years of experience with BI Reporting and Data Analytics
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Strong time management skills
- Consistently demonstrate a high degree of customer service and teamwork
- Proven ability to think outside the box – (innovative and creative)
- Comfortable working with a strong team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates discretion, excellent judgment, ability to anticipate needs and decision making
- Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organization
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required
- Regular sitting or standing, bending or stooping, and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 20 pounds
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required
- Constant ability to read, record or type data quickly and accurately required
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- This is a full-time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be willing to travel if necessary.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.