Assistant Project Manager
Rogers-O'Brien is currently seeking a highly motivated Assistant Project Managers willing to train while being supervised by an experience Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager assists with on-site direction for various aspects of construction for their assigned project. Assist with the project schedule in critical path steps and budget time required to meet deadlines. She/he will assist in overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction, ensuring compliance with all safety and quality standards meets or exceeds customer expectations. In order to be considered for this position, you must live within a 100 mile radius of the San Antonio office.
San Antonio, Texas
Desired Skills & Experience Skills Required
- Ability to create and update project schedules.
- Motivates and leads the project team.
- Processes subcontracts, billings and changes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Fair and ethical buy-out strategies.
- Creates detailed subcontractor scopes of work with an effort to eliminate scope gaps.
- Preconstruction development of pricing and budget with Estimator.
- Project pre-planning to include staffing, status meetings to discuss strategy.
- Manage schedule impacts in order to minimize risk and client expectations.
- Supervises Quality Managers and Office Engineers.
Requirements to Apply
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ of ground up commercial construction in retail, office and industrial sectors.
- High volume of $10M+ and 100K sq. feet projects across a wide variety of sectors.
Degrees in the field of Construction Science or Engineering are preferred, however not required.
- Ability and use in Viewpoint and other software as a tool for success.
- Familiar with projects that utilized technologies such as digital plan rooms, BIM or laser scanning.