The Construction Accounting Specialist position is an integral part of the Construction Team. Responsibilities include accounts payable processing, job cost management& audit process and communication with project staff and trade partners. The position requires knowledge of construction accounting principles and excellent organization skills to ensure timely and accurate processing and reporting. The Construction Accounting Specialist should be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Accounts payable processing
- Assembly, review and verify invoices for entry
- Reconcile job cost entries
- Verify that subcontract and purchase order costs are aligned with commitment costs
- Produce monthly reports
- Coordination/Communication with staff
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to meet all deadlines in monthly accounting process
- Knowledge of Texas Lien Waiver guidelines
- Additional responsibilities to support the accounting staff
- 1+ years’ of construction accounting experience.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the competency checklist.
- Adheres to Rogers-O’Brien policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Procore (not required)
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular sitting or standing, bending or stooping, and the ability to carry equipment and other such items as packaged material weighing up to 20 pounds
- Frequent talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required
- Constant ability to read, record or type data quickly and accurately required
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- This is a full time position. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.