This position supports the Superintendent responsible for creating strong working relationships with our customers, leading the project’s overall construction process, managing contracts and working closely with the field supervision to ensure we deliver the project on-time, under-budget and in a safe manner. In order to be considered for this position, you must live within a 100 mile radius of the Austin office.
Desired Skills & Experience Skills Required
- Must have knowledge of OSHA standards and ability to maintain a safe workplace.
- Strong leadership skills along with construction knowledge.
- Must have understanding of all trades related to commercial construction.
- Must have expert knowledge and understanding of ground up construction and flow to maximize schedules and quality.
- Ability to lead subcontractors and understanding of proper sequencing of trades.
- Ability to lead and facilitate collaborative sessions with the project team, design team and subcontractors.
- Is a key participant and has experience being a lead member of the team. • Ability to track and manage labor cost on the project.
- Must have the ability to develop strong business relationships with new and existing customers.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate project teams during preconstruction.
Requirements to Apply
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ of ground up construction in retail, office and industrial sectors.
- Projects ranging from approximately $10M to $100M across a wide variety of sectors.
Degrees in the field of Construction Science or Engineering are preferred, however not required.
Ability and use in Viewpoint and other software as a tool for success. • Experience on projects that utilized technologies such as digital plan rooms, BIM or laser scanning.